We are looking to recruit a Graduate Mechanical Engineer to support our highly professional engineering team - Immediate start
Our transmission connections team carries out design and build of LTS/NTS connections with the pipeline asset adopted by the GDN or remaining in CSL ownership. We are undertaking the first 2 National Transmission System (NTS) connections this year (for biomethane injection and to supply the UK’s largest Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) filling station) and a further 3 LTS connections for biomethane, building on the 10 we completed in the period 2014 – 18.
Supported and mentored by experienced engineers, you will quickly develop the competencies required for achieving Chartered status. Working within the team to identify your individual training and development needs, we will build your technical, management, interpersonal and commercial skills through your contribution to challenging projects and a training programme.
Supporting our team of mechanical design engineers in the delivery of installation and pipelines for biomethane, CNG and back-up power generation projects, the Graduate Engineer will be expected to become a Chartered Engineer (IMechE or IGEM) and we will provide the necessary training for this.
As a Mechanical (pipelines) Engineer your job responsibilities will include:
- Production of Feasibility, Environmental and Conceptual Design Studies for high pressure gas pipelines and installations
- Mechanical designs for plant and pipelines including date sheets, designs calculations, flow assurance and analysis
- Production of detailed cost estimates for a range of projects
- Production of tender documents and management of the tender process for a range of projects
- Project management and support of construction installation projects
- Co-ordination with biomethane and CNG projects
- First or Upper Second Class MEng degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- A desire to pursue a career in gas Engineering
- Relevant work experience or placement (desirable)
- Ability to deliver solutions and successfully manage time to meet project deadlines
- A highly motivated individual with excellent communication skills
- Eligibility to live and work in the UK
- Mainly office based at our Olton (Solihull) office with occasional site visits.
- Driving licence (useful but not essential)
- Good standard of English, written and oral